We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Internal Controls team located in Brazil working directly with our subsidiaries in LATAM market. In this position, you will play a fundamental role in helping to develop our Internal Controls function and oversee a best-in-class internal controls program designed by Company Headquarters to all its subsidiaries word wild.
Videojet Technologies is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product life cycle services. We have more than 325,000 printers installed worldwide, with over 4,000 team members, serving 135 countries.
- Acting as the Internal Controls senior associate based in São Paulo, reporting solid line to LATAM Internal Controls Manager;
- Assist in planning and execution of high quality financial and compliance audits and reviews, generally under the supervision of the Internal Controls Manager;
- Complete assigned portions of audit engagements, including testing, work paper documentation and report drafting while on site or shortly after completion of field work, with further submission to the Internal Controls Manager on a timely basis.
- Supporting identification of current Financial and Operational risks;
- Supporting design and implementation of robust controls for deficient cycles based on reported gaps from internal audit process, SOX controls review, and any other assessment performed during the current year;
- Accountable for reviewing SOX workbook and testing results in order to confirm minimum controls required are in place;
- Supporting the holding internal auditors and statutory auditors with processes understanding for cycle in scope of their assessment;
- Provide to Finance team training regarding US GAAP and local GAAP updates; and
Provide to Non-finance team training and updates regarding the revision of internal accounting policies, procedures and related changes, best practices across LATAM associates.
- Develop positive working relationships with Finance associates from LATAM;
- Be a point of contact to address different questions or concerns coming from different departments within the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate Must Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration;
- Experience with US GAAP and SOX 404 internal control assessments is required;
- Demonstrated experience executing on complex internal controls tests for different business cycles of the company;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment;
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders using effective communication and influencing skills remotely or in a face-to-face environment;
- Demonstrate a strong “culture of compliance” mentality;
- Brazilian CRC desired but not mandatory. CPA and CIA are a plus;
- Experience with manufacturing companies and cost accounting is required;
- Must be comfortable with all aspects of the financial audit cycle, including risk assessment and scoping, designing and executing audit procedures, plus proposing and presenting audit recommendations;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English;
- Basic to intermediate Spanish.